Level up your teaching strategies and course design skills through micro-courses, workshops and related opportunities! For details see any of the links and information below. Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
Faculty Moodle Training
Faculty Moodle Training is an online, self-paced course designed to teach faculty how to use Moodle effectively. The course covers basic layout, navigation, editing, activities, resources and gradebook. The course can be completed in approximately 6 hours or less.
Effective Teaching Online
Effective Teaching Online is an extended online professional learning opportunity to help you design and deliver a great online course.
Professional Learning OpportunitiesVisit the Learning and Design professional learning calendar to see opportunities to engage with your colleagues. We welcome all participants! Have an idea for a session? Want to lead a workshop? Reach out to any member of the Learning and Design team.
Effective Teaching Online CourseEffective Teaching Online is an extended online professional learning opportunity to help you design and deliver a great online course. You’ll learn how to:
- Get your students off to a strong start from day one.
- Overcome the isolation and anonymity that can plague an online course.
- Design a visually appealing, easily navigable course page.
- Develop meaningful opportunities for active learning.
- Give effective feedback.
- Align learning objectives, content, and assessments so your students know what they are doing and why.
- Become a video ninja.
- Use our Q-Review tool to self-evaluate your course and get free instructional design assistance.
- To become a better online instructor.
- To learn with and from your Davidson-Davie colleagues.
- Because successful completion is required for teaching online and hybrid courses at Davidson-Davie.