What is Upward Bound?
This FREE program offered through Davidson-Davie Community College helps prepare 9th – 12th-grade students for higher education opportunities after high school. Resources support participants in achieving academic success prior to college and expose students to what college life is like. When it’s time to apply, students will receive support with enrollment and financial assistance applications.
Who is eligible?
To be considered for Upward Bound, students must:
- Attend West Davidson, Central Davidson or East Davidson High School
- Meet federal income and parent education guidelines
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Importantly, students must have the desire to continue their education after high school
What services does Upward Bound provide?
Program staff follows the academic progress of students in high school while you learn about the college research and application process and how to apply for college financial assistance. Other services include:
- College & Cultural Field Trips
- Academic Instruction
- SAT/ACT Prep
Are summer programs included?
Upward Bound Summer Academy is an academic program designed to prepare students for a college preparatory high school curriculum. During the six-week program, Upward Bound students get a preview of college life by spending time on the Davidson-Davie campus. You will also participate in the following activities:
- Career development activities
- Educational field trips
- Cultural experiences