Career Development Resources for Effective Job Searching and Beyond
The resources listed will help you prepare for a productive and effective job search as well as enhance your career development efforts.
Career Development Services offers online and face-to-face resources to assist individuals in preparing for employment interviews.
- Interview Coaching is available to students and alumni by appointment. This mock interview session may help individuals prepare for an actual job interview.
- Individuals will be given the option of having their interview video recorded and emailed to them afterward.
- The feedback that individuals receive will be valuable and may help to improve responses to common and career-specific interview questions and to recognize the value of your body language during an interview.
- The interview coaching session may take up to an hour. It is recommended that individuals come prepared and dress appropriately for this appointment.
- Individuals being interviewed may wish to schedule follow-up appointments if needed to continue to practice interviewing.
- Schedule an appointment for Interview Coaching with a Career Counselor.
Virtual Job Shadowing
Virtual Job Shadow is a highly engaging, fully digital career exploration and workforce development resource for secondary and post-secondary students, opportunity youth, and jobseekers. We bring job shadowing directly to the account holder, eliminating many of the costs and challenges frequently associated with traditional job shadowing.