Office of Academic Advising Orientation
Important Update About New Student Orientation New Student Orientation will be turned off at 5 p.m. on March 4, 2022 and will be available again at 5 p.m. on March 18, 2022. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is Orientation important?
Orientation is your first contact with DCCC after admission. It’s a great introduction to the school, college life and your major of choice. It also provides an opportunity to get necessary paperwork taken care of ahead of time so you can focus on your academic success. As part of your First-Year experience all new students and returning students who have not attended classes for four 16 week terms, are required to attend New Student Orientation. Learn how to use all of the technology tools necessary to navigate through you classes and college life at DCCC.
- Tour the campus to learn about the academic support resources available and where they are located
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss program of study and academic plan, choose classes for upcoming term and get information about course registration
Prior to attending orientation it is important to have completed the following:
- Apply for financial-aid
- Submit all transcripts
- Complete required testing
- Pay any outstanding balance in the business office
What you will know when you complete Orientation:
- Students will create an academic plan
- Students will be familiar with their academic major and program requirements
- Students will understand how to prepare for future advising appointments
- Students will be familiar with campus resources