Fitness Center – Where You Belong!
Located inside the Brinkley Building on the Davidson Campus, this state-of-the-art health and wellness facility is open to all Davidson-Davie students, faculty and staff. Whether you seek personal training or simply an opportunity to exercise with others, the Fitness Center is for you.
Let us help you educate and refine your body and mind.
Fitness is a personal choice. How you get there should be as well. That’s why the Fitness Center offers equipment, activities, and wellness and intramural options that help you achieve your goals. Classes like Bootcamp and Zumba provide a fun way to meet others while getting in shape. If you seek one-on-one attention, you’ll have access to a certified personal trainer to stay motivated and on track.
Of course, you may just want to get active and play. We think that’s great! Check out our intramural activities.
We offer a variety of fun fitness activities in a friendly and people-positive environment.
Best yet, because you’re in the Davidson-Davie family, you’re already a member. All that’s required is your Davidson-Davie ID.
The following rules and guidelines are designed to protect our students, faculty and staff.
- Mask are required
- Unlimited Virtual Appointments/Assessments
- Fitness Center will have a total of 15 members in facility. This includes Fitness Center staff. If it gets to a point where we see an increase in members at one time, we will have set a time limit for equipment.
- All members must use hand sanitizer at entrance of Fitness Center
- 6 feet distance rules apply in the Fitness Center. Tape/Markers/ 6 by 6 grid markers will be placed on the ground to direct where members can be.
- Do NOT rearrange the position of any equipment in the Fitness Center
- You must bring your own Basketballs. We cannot issue basketballs.
- We will close every two hours to clean the Fitness Center equipment
- “Spotting” in the Free Weights area will not be allowed. Please lift weight that is comfortable for you
- Group Workouts will be posted on the White Board and instructions on how to do them if needed
- Water fountains will be closed for safety purposes. The Water Bottle Fountain open will remain open. We will have limited cups for members who do not have a water bottle.
- Locker Rooms & Showers will be closed
- Must spray and use sanitary bottles after use of Equipment. We are not to make people panic by cleaning and spraying every 2 seconds so just “Clean after yourselves”.
- Mask are required
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the sign in area and in the gym lobby area
- No more than 2 people at each of the main goals, and one at each of the side goals for a total of 8 in the gym at one time
- We will close every two hours to clean the Gym equipment
- Everyone using the gym would have to sign in and put their name, date and time. Must sign out as well in the Fitness Center.
- Students are not allowed to congregate in the lobby area and or bathrooms at any time
- 6’ Separation Rule applies. There will be No 1 versus 1 or 5 versus 5 “Team Activity”