Current Campus Conditions: normal
We’re committed to student safety, and we encourage all members of the Davidson-Davie community to report safety concerns. Remember, in the event of a sudden and dangerous situation, call 911 first.
At Davidson-Davie, we encourage all students to commit to safe practices. These include:
- Walking around campus in groups, particularly during evening hours
- Locking your vehicle
- Varying your routine from time to time. This may include parking in a different place each week, taking a different route to class each week, etc.
- Being aware of your surroundings
- We are committed to providing a safe learning environment for its students. While it’s not always possible to predict and prevent some emergency situations, we are prepared to manage sudden emergencies, and the College has taken the following steps:
Crisis Response Teams – Teams of College faculty and staff for the Davie and Davidson campuses have been formed to manage a crisis. Members of both teams will participate in National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) training in 2008-2009.
- Behavioral Intervention Team – The purpose of this team is to assess a reported concern for campus safety. The team’s goal is to address concerns as early as possible and offer needed assistance to students in distress. Make referral to BIT through Behavioral Incident Report on College website for a response plan.
- Preparedness Drills – Both the Crisis Response and Behavioral Intervention Team have engaged in drills to practice responding to a safety concern or emergency and will continue to do so each year.
- 911 Calls – Calls to 911 emergency are automatically routed to Davidson and Davie county first responders, and the campus phone extension and building location are automatically identified in the call.
- All employees have an emergency response guide in their offices to assist with managing an emergency. In the event of a serious campus emergency, the College’s website will be preempted with an emergency message notification, and a voice message will be recorded on the main telephone line.
- Mass Notification Systems – The college has a Mass Notification System at both the Davidson and Davie Campus. This system can send emergency alerts for various situations via Audio messages, text, emails. Sign Up To Be Notified Via Text