Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
Davidson-Davie Community College is committed to a drug-free environment. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, use of a controlled substance, paraphernalia, or alcohol are prohibited on College premises and at any College-sponsored activities. Lawful consumption and possession of alcohol is also prohibited with the exception of catered use at special College or Foundation events as per Conference Center Policy.
There are many people whose job, academic performance, and productivity are adversely affected by their dependence on drugs and alcohol. To address this issue, Davidson-Davie strives to:
- Educate students and employees about alcohol and drug abuse in an effort to encourage responsible decisions around their use,
- Intervene on behalf of students and employees who have experienced negative consequences around alcohol and drugs so as to reduce the harm and manage the risks associated with their use,
- Support students and employees who are in recovery from substance abuse and addiction,
- Promote constructive lifestyles and norms that discourage alcohol & drug abuse, and
- Develop social and physical environments that facilitate alcohol and drug abuse-free lifestyles.
As part of the commitment to the provision of high quality and effective service to our students, employees and the public, DDDC has a drug and alcohol abuse prevention program in operation. The program is accessible to all members of the college community. LSC is committed to the dissemination of drug and alcohol awareness information to students, faculty, and all employees.
Students needing assistance for any reason related to the use of drugs, including alcohol, should contact someone in the Office of Counseling, Health and Behavioral Services, who will act as a referral source to an appropriate human services agency.
Twice per academic year, the College conducts drug and alcohol abuse programming open to all members of the campus community. Typical programming includes or demonstrations of the effects of drug and alcohol use.