Nursing Assistant I
Nursing Assistant training is an extensive state-approved course that includes instruction in both classroom theory and supervised clinical experience. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible to register to take North Carolina’s state skills/written competency evaluation through Credentia. Conviction of certain crimes under the law may prevent a student from obtaining clinical training and/or employment. Students must be 17 years of age on the first day of class.
Hospitals and other clinical sites require documentation of immunization information, criminal background checks, and 12-panel urine drug screen results. Davidson-Davie Community College policy requires this information to be on file for each student before they can begin their clinical experience.
How do I enroll in this program?
- Complete the Program Interest Form below
- Provide proof of either college credit for English or provide TABE reading test score
- Enrollment PRE-REGISTRATION drug screen, background check, and immunization screening 30 days prior to class start date.
- Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis with a maximum of 16 students per class.
Classes offered are as follows and are subject to change
Davidson Campus Hybrid (Thomasville)
Online assignments are posted weekly. Students will also meet at the Davidson campus for testing and all labs. Computer proficiency required – accelerated class.
- Tues/Sat evening hybrid August 15-November 8, 2022 Public Safety Bldg. room #103
- Classroom/Lab hours – Tuesday 5:30-9:00 p.m. and Saturday classes 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Clinical hours are offered 7 a.m.–3 p.m. on the weekends.
- Tues/Thurs day hybrid August 29-November 10, 2022 Public Safety Bldg. room #103
- Classroom/Lab hours – 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Clinical hours are offered on Tues/Thurs 7 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Mon/Wed evening hybrid class August 8-October 26, 2022 Public Safety Bldg. room #103
- Classroom/Lab hours – 5:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturday 8/27.
- Clinical hours are offered 7 a.m.- 2 p.m. on the weekends.
- Mon/Wed day hybrid September 12-November 30, 2022 Public Safety Bldg. room #103
- Classroom/Lab hours – 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Clinical hours are offered on Mon/Wed between 7 a.m.–3 p.m.
Davie Campus Hybrid (Mocksville)
Online assignments are posted weekly. Students will also meet at the Davie campus for testing and all labs. Computer proficiency required – accelerated class.
- Wed/Sat night hybrid class September 5-November 23, 2022 Davie Lab Bldg. room #116/#117
- Classroom/Lab hours – Wednesday classes 6-9:30 p.m. and Saturday classes 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Clinical hours are offered 7 a.m.–2 p.m. on the weekends.
COVID Vaccine is required.
Program Interest FormRequired Immunizations
Minimum Number of Students: 8
Contact Info: Chrissy Davis at email@example.com
Location: Davidson Campus, Davie Campus