The EMT class is designed to introduce students to basic emergency medical care. Topics include preparatory, airway, patient assessment, medical emergencies, trauma, pediatrics and operations. Upon completion students will be able to demonstrate the knowledge necessary to pass the North Carolina and National Registry EMT Certification Exam.
1. 17 years of age on or before the official end date of the course.
2. Possession of a high school diploma, high school equivalency or successful completion of an exam assessing basic reading comprehension skills at a minimum at the eleventh-grade level.
Attention Public Safety Personnel: For students registering for the first time in a Davidson-Davie Community College class that may be eligible for a registration fee waiver contact our registration office directly at (336) 224-4545 and provide name, address, etc., class information and the public safety agency you are affiliated with. Students are responsible for the $1.25 insurance fee.
Students must be in attendance and recorded as present at least once on or before 8/30/2021 to continue with the course.
1) “MyLab BRADY with Pearson eText — Access Card — for Emergency Care, 14th edition” (Approx. $94)
2) “Fisdap Internship Package for EMT” (Approx $32)
3) “EMS Testing Emergency Medical Technician” (Approx $49) https://www.platinumed.com/ems/
4) EMS uniform type blue or black pants, black belt, black boots with reinforced toe and a Davidson-Davie Community College EMS shirt (that can be purchased at the campus bookstore)
Contact Info: Diane Hedgecock at email@example.com or 336-224-4791