New Student Orientation
Important Update About New Student Orientation New Student Orientation will be turned off at 5 p.m. on March 4, 2022 and will be available again at 5 p.m. on March 18, 2022. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Why is orientation important?
Orientation is your first contact with Davidson-Davie Community College after admission. It’s a great introduction to the school, college life and your major of choice. It also provides an opportunity to get necessary paperwork taken care of ahead of time so you can focus on your academic success. As part of your First-Year experience all new students and returning students who have not attended classes for four 16 week terms, are required to complete New Student Orientation. Currently, New Student Orientation is offered online. Learn how to use all of the technology tools necessary to navigate through your classes and college life at Davidson-Davie.
Prior to attending orientation, it is important to have completed the following:
- Submit your application for admission
- Complete the Residency Determination Service (RDS) application
- Apply for financial aid
- Submit all transcripts
- Complete any needed placement assessments
- Pay any outstanding balance in the business office
What you will gain by completing Orientation:
- Learn about programs of study (majors) and the options available to meet your goals
- Explore the connection between majors and career choices. You will complete a career assessment to confirm your major.
- Be familiar with your academic major and program requirements
- Understand how to prepare for future advising appointments
- Know your campus resources!