Study Abroad Scholarships
We are currently accepting applications for our 2023 spring trips.
Partial scholarships (typically ranging from as little as $250 up to $1000, sometimes more!) are available to assist students in traveling abroad through a Davidson-Davie program and are awarded as the final payment. If awarded a scholarship, the student must pay all required out-of-pocket expenses upfront by the payment deadlines in order for the scholarship to kick in.
There are specific scholarships for eligible students in a nursing program, as well as eligible students in the TRiO Program!
Where are the different programs?
Who can apply for Davidson-Davie Scholarships?
Applicants will need to…
- complete a minimum of 12 credit hours by December 2022 and still be enrolled in spring classes for 2023 spring trips.
- commit to a Davidson-Davie study abroad program for 2023 spring by completion of the interest form for either Costa Rica or Japan.
- be a current curriculum student at the time of travel, including enrollment in the trip’s accompanying course.
Preference is given to applicants showing solid academic achievement, as evidenced by a GPA of at least 2.5, and to participants in the Scholars of Global Distinction program, but consideration will be given to the entire contents of the application, especially the essay. Applicants may also be asked to interview with International Education Committee members.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline for the spring 2023 trips is Sunday, September 11, 2022, by midnight.
How to Apply
Complete the application form and essay as indicated below.
Your essay should respond to the following prompt and be approximately one page long, double spaced. You will then upload your essay in a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
- What study abroad program are you wanting to participate in, & why do you want to participate in the program you’ve chosen?
- How would receiving this award make it possible for you to achieve your academic, professional, and personal goals?
- How would this award help overcome obstacles that you face in pursuing study abroad?
- If you are awarded a scholarship, what is your plan to come up with the required out-of-pocket expenses that the scholarship does not cover?
- Please include your name on the document that you upload.
Scholarship applicants must have also completed the application for their chosen trip (see links under “Where Are the Different Programs?” above) in order to be considered for a scholarship.
If you have any questions, please email Kristi Louya at Kristi_Louya@davidsondavie.edu