Globalize a Course
Internationalization of the curriculum is a key component of comprehensive campus internationalization. Davidson-Davie has been a leader in this effort since 2013 when we created the Scholars of Global Distinction program. Global Scholars are required to take 15 hours of globalized courses. As more faculty globalize courses, more students will have the opportunity to earn this distinction. By infusing global content and an international perspective to their course material, instructors are providing students with a cutting edge education.
- How to Globalize a course – Easy step-by-step instructions!
- Resources to help faculty globalize a course
- Application Process
Submitting your globalized course for approval is easy!
- Preview the Application to Globalize Course to make sure your course meets all of the criteria.
- Submit the application and all materials as directed in the application.
- If you have any questions, contact Gerald Bosch at Gerald_Bosch@davidsonccc.edu, the Chair of the Course Approval Team.
After you submit your application, the Course Approval Team will contact you within a week to let you know if your course has been approved or if it requires changes. Thanks for supporting students through International Education.
Study abroad is for everyone. Davidson-Davie faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to participate in short-term study abroad programs. Each year, faculty and staff have the opportunity to apply to lead a study abroad program. Mandatory information sessions will be held in the fall to apply for the following academic year.
- Faculty/Staff Study Abroad Handbook
- Sample Application to lead or assist on a study abroad program
- Tips for Submitting a Good Proposal
Each semester Davidson-Davie offers a series of “Passport Events” for the campus community. These events encompass a variety of presentation formats with an international theme. Faculty are encouraged to bring classes and/or encourage students to attend. Many faculty members provide extra credit for attendance. Students may pick up a ‘passport’ at the International Education Center (Gee N139-142) which will be stamped at each event for easy tracking. This is an easy way for faculty to support student retention through campus engagement!
- Passport events by semester – https://www.davidsondavie.edu/academics/international-education/passport-events/
- Suggest a new event or request specific day and time – Link to come
- Request a classroom visit from the International Education Center (to talk about Global Scholars, Study Abroad, Fulbright Scholar visit, etc.)
Faculty Professional Development Opportunities in International Education
We support faculty and staff professional development in international education. Below are some possibilities for you to explore. Other opportunities will be shared through email.
- Fulbright Core Scholar Awards Catalog
- Fulbright Specialist Program
- Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad
- Professional Organizations
World View (Community College Symposium in November)