PLUS 50 FOR ADULT STUDENTS
Life changes when we reach our 50s. We look at life with new eyes. We start to rethink our priorities … yearn to do something new … and look for meaningful ways to give back.
If you’re in your 50s (or beyond!), Davidson County Community College would like to tell you more about our Plus 50 opportunities.
Our short-term programs lead to jobs
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Office Secretary
- Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist
- Effective Teacher Training (for substitute teachers)
- MS Office Suite computer classes
Personal Enrichment Classes
Personal Enrichment classes, i.e. herb gardening, cake decorating, travel classes, Irish & Arabic language, art, etc. Visit the Continuing Education web page to view more classes.
A commitment to adults
We know you may be hesitating about coming back to college. That’s why our short-term programs and support services are designed with your success as an adult learner in mind. We’ll help you navigate the college process, too — from registering for classes, to filing for financial aid if you qualify, and linking you to career coaches.
Other DCCC benefits
- Affordably priced classes
- Adult-centered counselors and instructors
- Convenient day, evening and Saturday classes
Talk to Us!
- Age 50 or older?
- Looking for personal enrichment classes?
- Returning to the job market?
- Want to contribute to our community’s work needs?
We’d like to learn more about your background, personal goals and areas of interest. Working together, we can help you find the right path for your goals.
Call us today at 336.224.4550 (Davidson Campus) or 336.751.2885 (Davie Campus).