High School Equivalency Diploma
The High School Equivalency program prepares students to take a High School Equivalency Test.
Students have two (2) options to earn a high school equivalency diploma:
- GED® – Computer-based only; four (4) subjects: Reasoning through Language Arts, Science, Social Studies & Math
- GED Test Fee – $80 or $20 per subject
- HiSET® – Computer-based or paper-pencil; five (5) subjects: Reading, Writing, Science, Social Studies & Math
- HiSET® Test Fee -$10.75 per subject Computer Based Test (CBT) | $15 per subject Paper Based Test (PBT)
Once a student has successfully passed all sections of the High School Equivalency Test, he/she is awarded a High School Equivalency Diploma, issued by the State Board of Community Colleges through diplomasender
High School Equivalency Preparation
- Preparation classes for the High School Equivalency tests are provided by Davidson-Davie for FREE!
- Day, evening and online class options are offered in Davidson and Davie Counties.
- Students must be at least 18 years old to enroll and must attend an orientation session prior to starting a preparation course.
- Students ages 16 and 17 years old may enroll but must complete an Admission of a Minor form prior to enrollment.